Food Poisoning Hits Matoranhembe Primary School, 8 Students Hospitalized

by | Jun 10, 2024 | Local News | 0 comments

Vongai Masuka

Eight students have been hospitalised at Matoranhembe Primary School in Murombedzi after consuming a meal of rice and soup from a lunch box which was brought by a fellow student at the school.

According to the Zimbabwe Republic Police, the incident occurred on 7 June where a group of eight students began vomiting and complaining of stomach pains after consuming the food.

“The students were immediately rushed to Murombedzi Rural Hospital for treatment. Investigations have revealed that the food was prepared at home and brought to school by another student who had been given two lunch boxes by their parent.” Reads the statement.

The police said  they are working to determine the exact cause of the suspected poisoning and whether the food itself was contaminated or if there were other factors involved.



Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



WordPress PopUp Plugin